Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Yes it has been a while, but baby it's cold outside

It has been a long time since I have updated the bus build and I have been working on the bus, just not at the pace I had last summer. There are a couple large pieces that I have been contemplating and trying to figure out before I commit and start cutting holes in the bus. The water system is started and I have a 200 gallon water tank installed under the bed (pictures to come) and I have the furnace installed. The furnace was a scarry project. I had to cut a 16" x 9" hole in the side of the bus.
I took all day to make sure I didn't make the hole too large and I am very happy with the install. I painted the ouside door of the furnace the same color as the bus so it looks like it belongs there.


A couple months ago I found a seat on the surplus page I found my bus. It was new and in two pieces with limited information but I waded in and bid $13.50. I won the seat and put it in the drivers spot and really like the way it feels when driving.
   The driving position is really good and getting in and out quite a bit easier.

Another quick project I took on was one Saturday at Lowes they had a open box of cherry wood flooring for $18. I jumped on the box and installed it that day. I was really happy with how it turned out.


No comments:

Post a Comment